Date: Jun 18, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 9366
Reporting to the shift supervisor, medium vehicle fleet, you will support the operations and maintenance teams by safely maintaining our medium equipment fleet to ensure optimum reliability and availability of our assets.
- Safely execute running repairs on our equipment, including troubleshooting hydraulic systems, engines, electronics, etc.
- Remove and replace major components (transmissions, differentials, power dividers, etc.)
- Ensure that preventative maintenance guidelines are adhered to and maintain complete and accurate records
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of our service bays and equipment
- Actively participate in post-event failure analysis and root cause discussions to develop creative solutions
- Safely operate company-provided equipment
- Assist in the writing of practices and procedures and implementation of approved modifications for the equipment and auxiliary fleet
Experience and Education
- Three or more years of post-apprenticeship experience maintaining medium duty equipment
- Experience with Caterpillar, John Deere, Kenworth, Navistar, including but not limited to aerial work platforms, forklifts and compressors an asset
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician/Heavy Duty Mechanic certificate; attach your Journeyman / Red Seal ticket with your application in order to be considered
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Licence an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge
- Deep understanding of electronic diagnostic tools and troubleshooting
- Proficient with computers and familiarity with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) data systems such as Cat SIS, Navistart OnCommand, to retrieve data for maintenance
- Prior experience with SAP an asset
- Passionate about safety with a strong safety record
- Self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site working a seven days on/seven days off rotation (day shift to start, but may evolve to nights/days in the future)
- Some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
About Fort Hills
Fort Hills, a joint venture between Suncor, Total, and Teck Resources, is the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region. Located 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, you’ll travel in comfort from one of our Western Canadian hubs, or Fort McMurray. There, you will stay in a world class, modern yet comfortable, lodge-style accommodation. More information about life at Fort Hills is available here.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.