AK1 Accounting Clerk
Department of Families
Manitoba Developmental Centre, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 33663
Salary(s): AK1 $41,666.00 - $47,661.00 per year
Closing Date: January 15, 2018
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to current and future vacancies subject to staffing approval.
Position description is available upon request.
Consider this excellent opportunity with the Manitoba government at the Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), located 45 minutes west of Winnipeg in the City of Portage la Prairie. The Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), a branch of the Department of Families, is an accredited facility providing residential care, supervision and developmental habilitation for adults with intellectual disabilities. On-site interdisciplinary teams provide a wide range of services to residents to ensure that every individual's needs are met and that his/her quality of life is enhanced. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package, which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Experience carrying out financial or accounting clerk duties including: calculating, coding and processing payments; reconciling bank, cash and general ledgers; preparing bank deposits; updating and maintaining accounting journals, ledgers and other records; verifying the accuracy of invoices, purchase orders, and other accounting documents or records
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy, with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and respond quickly, accurately and effectively to a high volume of competing demands
- Experience working with an automated accounting system (such as SAP, GP Dynamics, Momentum Financials, Great Plains or other Information Management Systems) including data entry and running reports
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact and maintain good working relationships with staff, internal and external clients, stakeholders and the general public
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to provide clear and concise information to staff, clients and stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare status reports and respond to inquiries from various stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills to review information, interpret policies and ensure compliance with program requirements
Experience providing administrative support within an office environment
This position reports to the Financial Services Manager. Working within a team environment, the incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day clerical and administrative functions of the Financial Services operations branch for the Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC). The incumbent is responsible for the accurate, timely and efficient processing of financial transactions; maintenance of up-to-date financial information; cash reconciliation and deposit; reports distribution; and other related duties as assigned.
Advertisement # 33663
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.