CL2 Clerk 2
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Advertisement Number: 33291
Salary(s): CL2 $33,249.00 - $37,921.00 per year
Closing Date: October 20, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition for future term and regular positions and may be in effect for 12 months.
Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living is currently seeking a bilingual (French and English) Family Doctor Finder Agent. The Family Doctor Finder Contact Centre provides assistance to residents of Manitoba to connect them with available health care providers. The Program is targeted toward ensuring appropriate connection between Manitoba residents and a family physicians to address long term primary care needs.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be bilingual (French and English).
- Experience in a client service environment providing information and explaining policies to the public via telephone, web, and in person.
- Experience performing administrative or clerical tasks including data entry, report reconciliation and data processing.
- Excellent client service skills for the purpose of managing client expectations and providing courteous and respectful support.
- Strong written communication skills in French and English, for the purpose of drafting written responses to the public regarding inquiries about the program.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in French and English for the purpose of effectively communicating with clients in person and via telephone.
- Strong organizational skills for the purpose of balancing conflicting priorities within tight timeframes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use research and investigation to address inconsistencies of data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience working with web-based applications.
- Knowledge of the Health Services Insurance Act.
Under the general supervision of the Registration and Client Services Supervisors, the Family Doctor Finder Agent provides services to clients’ requesting registration with the Family Doctor Connection Program, and processes requests for change of address or replacement Manitoba Health Cards over the phone, in writing, or in person.
Advertisement # 33291
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.