FM1 Facility Manager
Operations, District 3, Accommodation Services Division
Advertisement Number: 32682
Salary(s): FM1 $37,357.00 - $49,419.00 per year
Closing Date: July 10, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry check and Security Check.
- Must have a valid class 5 Driver's Licence and be capable of travel within the district.
- Must be physically capable of performing the required activities of the position including working at heights, lifting/carrying 22-48 lbs, walking for prolonged periods of time, sitting for prolonged periods of time, climbing stairs/ladders, kneeling, twisting, crouching, bending, repetitive tool use and working in confined entries.
- Must be comfortable working in a secure environment.
- Must be able to accept standby duties for after hour call outs, (weekends) as assigned by the Facility Manager.
- Post secondary certificate/diploma in a Building/Facility Operations and/or Maintenance field such as 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate; and/or, an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance activities and equipment.
- Written communication skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Knowledge of budgeting and cashflows.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures and related regulations.
- Experience in facility and/or property management and building operations.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience with computers including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Under the direct supervision of a senior Facility Manager or the District Property Manager, the Facility Manager (FM1) assists in the management and operations of the portfolio of provincially owned buildings and grounds to ensure that client departments have a safe, clean and comfortable area in which to carry out their programs. The FM1 will assume delegated duties and authority of the senior Facility Manager in his/her absence and may be assigned to another Facility Manager's portfolio.
Advertisement # 32682
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.