Reports to: CEO, Nova Scotia and PEI
Department: Support Services
Status: Permanent, Part-time (Mon-Fri, 21 hours a week)
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
The Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 125,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking an experienced, professional executive assistant who inspires trust and confidence and who knows how to exercise good judgement, diplomacy and maturity in:
- Supporting the CEO
- Supporting the work of the Provincial Advisory Board;
- Human resources administration;
- Facilities management
The EA is an important colleague to the entire team at the office and is a member of the provincial leadership team.
Executive Office and Board Support
- Provide administrative support to the provincial CEO and Provincial Advisory Board.
- Transcribe and prepare accurate minutes of CEO, Board and Committee meetings
- Research, develop and draft letters, memos or reports to communicate the CEO’s decisions, ideas, and, agenda, prepares correspondence, reports, PowerPoint presentations, proofreads and edits documents.
- Manage the CEO’s hard copy and electronic filing system, creating files and records as necessary using judgment and knowledge of office requirements, updating files and records, determining retention and purging, and retrieving files and documents as needed.
- Assist the CEO with budget planning
- Coordinate with other staff to plan, organize and co-ordinate Foundation functions, special events and interdepartmental projects as required
- Coordinate and organize teleconference and videoconference calls.
- Perform a wide variety of complex administrative duties, and assist with special projects as directed by the CEO.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of Foundation administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to staff and the various stakeholders served by the Foundation and in handling administrative records, personnel actions, performance evaluations, promotion and similar confidential items.
Human Resources Administration
- Coordinate Human Resources related functions including all administration related to recruitment, on-boarding, resignations and terminations, track paid leave.
- Maintain a complete personnel file for staff members, ensuring documentation is complete for each employee. Ensuring security of these files
- Prepare and submit payroll submission bi-weekly with supporting attachments
- Act as provincial contact for central payroll team for all payroll related matters
- Create new hire packages and provide foundation orientation to new staff.
- Act as main contact with landlord and escalate issues to CEO as required
- Manage building security issues including keys and alarm codes
- A college diploma or degree and/or equivalent experience in a work related field;
- 3 or more years of increasingly responsible secretarial/administrative experience to include extensive knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills, including writing and editorial skills;
- Precise command of grammar, punctuation, spelling and correct use of English language;
- Strong multi-tasking skills; attention to detail, accuracy; ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Excellent computer/technical skills including keyboarding and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, scheduling and Microsoft office.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills;
- A strong work ethic and ability to work to a flexible schedule;
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills, demonstrating a concern for people to promote a positive work environment.
If you are looking for part-time work and want meaningful work with an incredible organization, please submit your cover letter, résumé and salary expectations to Sue Ward, Regional Manager, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your email subject.
We offer a full range of competitive benefits. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.