Date: Dec 5, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 19001
Reporting to the trucks reliability manager, you will be responsible for providing data that drives improvement in our fleet maintenance and reliability through the use of the various fleet information sources. This will be achieved by assessing equipment performance; by applying lifespan systems and methodologies; and by building a long term view of asset lifecycle requirements.
- Follow all our environment health and safety policies, standards and procedures
- Evaluate the performance trends of our mine assets and provide recommendations to define the fleet key performance indicator (KPI) targets
- Assess our equipment availability projections to support the mine long range plan and budget requirements
- Utilize and improve our existing data collecting systems to monitor the key areas of our fleet performance, availability, reliability, mean time between down events and mean time to repair
- Measure the actual fleet performance against the business targets, provide gap analysis and make continuous improvement recommendations to improve fleet capability, safety, and operability
- Ensure that all maintenance and reliability targets and key performance indicators are identified and agreed on
- Assist with the alignment of the KPI targets across the business
- Support and provide accurate data to the fleet cross functional team
- Conduct mine equipment emissions and energy assessments and provide annual regulatory reports
- Monitor and report on mine asset emission reduction programs
Experience and Education:
- Two or more years of experience in mine asset performance assessment; experience in risk identification, quantification and ranking, business needs analysis and forecasting, and statistical and fleet analysis is an asset
- A multidisciplinary background in engineering, maintenance and operations is an asset
- Bachelor degree in mechanical or industrial engineering
- Registered or immediately eligible for registration with the association of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) as a professional engineer
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with a working knowledge of SAP
- Well-developed critical thinking, with an ability to apply logic and challenge assumptions
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing SAP data, conducting root cause assessment and drawing and presenting conclusions and recommendations
- You are a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to make decisions with integrity and support company objectives and policies
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.