Job Number 54508
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 06/07/2017
Posting Close Date: 06/21/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Encore Airworthiness Manager
· Reporting to the Director, Quality Assurance; the Manager, Airworthiness is responsible for the QA Audit and Technical Publications teams for the Technical Operations department.
· Ensures all procedures and practices are in accordance with the MCM, TOPM, ESM and airworthiness standards of the Canadian Aviation Requirement (CAR). Has final authority on all airworthiness issues.
· Responsible for the QA Audit Program and is also an authorized Auditor.
· Responsible for the management of Technical Operations’ regulatory and operational manuals whose policy and procedures demonstrate to Transport Canada how WestJet Encore complies with the various regulations (CARs), industry standards (IATA, IOSA) and WestJet Encores own corporate policies.
· Responsible for the availability and security of the technical library which ensures that WestJet Encore follows the most recent methods, techniques and practices are used when accomplishing maintenance, elementary work and servicing.
· Select, prioritize, develop and implement business initiatives in accordance with Technical Operations Leadership Team priorities and corporate standards.
· Manages the relationships between Technical Operations, IT, WestJet Business Improvement, TRAX, and other integrated system vendors. Manages items related to business improvement activities and TRAX-related initiatives.
· Assist in monitoring, reviewing and reporting on regulatory activities that affect or may affect the maintenance or the configuration of WestJet Encore aircraft.
· Oversight for content and execution of the Major/Minor Repairs and Alteration process; The Airworthiness Manager or designee shall have the final determination on major repair and alteration issues. This includes structural repairs are incorporated in accordance with approved data. Oversight of the development and maintaining of configuration control of the aircraft.
· Responsible for the Quality Control of the maintenance control system and is authorized to remove aircraft from operation because of non-compliance with the requirements of the regulations.
· Ensures all maintenance and related activities are accomplished in accordance with the requirements stated in the MCM, TOPM, and the applicable regulations. Ensures the technical dispatch for all aircraft complies with the requirements of the MCM.
· Ensures areas of responsibility are staffed sufficiently and personnel are trained as required by the policies contained in the manuals.
· Oversight for ACA authorization and authorized aircraft personnel.
· Oversight of the Independent Check and Required Inspection Items (RII) policies and procedures.
· Oversight of RI accomplished by Shared Service and liaise with the WestJet Airworthiness Manager to ensure compliance to the requirements.
· Complete all duties with the highest level of safety and report any condition or process which may adversely affect safety.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the performance or direct supervision of maintenance activities of the type undertaken by the organization, at least six months of which shall have been obtained within the preceding two years.
· Hold a current M2, E or S AME License and hold endorsements for type of aircraft operated if required by the license and scope of work of the AMO.
· Displays adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CAR) requirement responsibilities associated with this position.
· QA Audit experience and required to become an Authorized Auditor
· May need to qualify as PRM.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.