Date: Jun 19, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 9369
Bring your experience and be a part of a world class $13.5 billion project for Canada's largest energy company! In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the maintenance and operations of the Fort Hills assets by performing maintenance activities safely, efficiently, and to a high quality to ensure optimum reliability and availability.
- Execute maintenance activities including installation, troubleshooting, and repairs to all systems / equipment to a high quality to ensure optimum reliability and availability (the systems and equipment include electrical safety systems, motor starters, high medium and low voltage frequency drive systems and PLCs, 13.8KV/ 7.2KV / 600 V / 480 V and 220 V power distribution and computerized control systems)
- Plan and estimate safe, efficient, and cost effective execution of jobs while minimizing the impact on operations and incurred costs
- Actively participate in post-event failure analysis and root cause discussions, and contribute to developing solutions
- Ensure that preventative maintenance guidelines are adhered to and maintain complete and accurate records associated with the technical and preventative aspects of this position
- Assist in maintaining complete and accurate records associated with the technical and preventative aspects of this position
Experience and Education:
- Three or more years of post-apprenticeship experience working in the maintenance area of a heavy industrial environment (e.g. mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, petrochemical, etc.)
- Paraffinic Froth Treatment (PFT) experience is an asset
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairs (valid splicing ticket would be an asset)
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Certificate in an Electrical trade; attach your journeyman / red seal ticket with your application in order to be considered
- Two year technologist diploma is considered an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to read and interpret equipment specifications, engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables, or study sample parts as required
- In-depth knowledge and application of technical requirements and quality standards and a strong understanding of maintenance and operations
- Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems
- An exceptionally strong safety and environmental mindset and proven safety training, knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and environmental standards and guidelines
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it; a strong commitment to continuous improvement within safe work practices, procedures, and standards to ensure safe and reliable work execution
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule is a seven days on/seven days off rotation (seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, seven nights off; 12 hour shifts)
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
About Fort Hills
Fort Hills, a joint venture between Suncor, Total, and Teck Resources, is the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region. Located 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, you’ll travel in comfort from one of our Western Canadian hubs, or Fort McMurray. There, you will stay in a world class, modern yet comfortable, lodge-style accommodation. More information about life at Fort Hills is available here.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.