Date: Jun 3, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 10902
Reporting to the shift supervisor, you will be responsible for supporting the Fort Hills mine maintenance team by safely maintaining the heavy equipment fleet to ensure optimum reliability and availability of the assets.
- Execute maintenance activities including installation, troubleshooting, and repairs to all systems and equipment to ensure optimum reliability and availability (electrical safety systems, motor starters, large medium voltage frequency drive systems and PLCs, 13.8KV/ 7.2KV / 600 V / 480 V and 220 V power distribution and computerized control systems)
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections and repairs on all types of heavy and auxiliary equipment and ensure that preventative maintenance guidelines are adhered to and maintain complete and accurate records
- Support in the removal and replacement of major components (engines, transmissions, wheel motors, etc.)
- Safely operate company-provided equipment and vehicles
- Actively participate in post-event failure analysis and root cause discussions to craft creative solutions
- Troubleshoot, repair and test high voltage trailing cables
- Build an atmosphere of continuous improvement centered on safe work practices, procedures and standards
Experience and Education
- Two years of post-apprenticeship experience maintaining mining heavy equipment
- Two or more years of experience on P&H 4100BOSS A/C electric cable shovels and Komatsu A/C ultra class electric haul trucks
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Electrician Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal; attach your journeyman / red seal ticket with your application
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge and application of technical requirements and quality standards
- Deep understanding of maintenance and operations with the ability to read and interpret equipment specifications, engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables, or study sample parts as required
- Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems; working knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset
- Safety and environmental mindset
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- Shift schedule is a seven days on/seven days off rotation (seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, seven nights off; 12-hour shifts)
- Requires some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
About Fort Hills
Fort Hills, a joint venture between Suncor, Total, and Teck Resources, is the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region. Located 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, you’ll travel in comfort from one of our Western Canadian hubs, or Fort McMurray. There, you will stay in a world class, modern yet comfortable, lodge-style accommodation. More information about life at Fort Hills is available here.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.