Kin’s Farm Market currently has a job opening for a District Manager. He/she will work 5.5 days a week, which includes weekdays and weekends during store operation hours and must be willing to work at different Stores in the Lower Mainland. He/she will work autonomously under general direction of the Operation Manager. This position is responsible for performing the following duties:
- Conducts regular stores visit, ensures stores are in compliance and operates according to Kin’s Farm Market’s required operating standards and procedures.
- Monitors, guides and advises Store Managers and Assistant Store Managers to operate a Kin’s Farm Market retail store effectively; follows up on actions required on a timely manner.
- Ensures the workplace is safe and harassment free. Ensures employees are treated fairly and without discrimination.
- Lead store management to:
- Meet Kin’s Farm Market’s Mission, Spirit, Rules, Store Quality Standards, Work Standards, and Company Policies.
- Prepare annual budget and action plan; quarterly review and revision of budgets if required.
- Maintain the company quality standard and reach the optimal profitability and display standards
- Maintain gross margin and inventory turnover according to individual store standards.
- Oversee overall wage expenses, spoilage and supplies expenses according to company standards.
- Monitor store management working schedules and take proper action.
- Communicate and maintains a good relationship with the mall management companies.
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what local competitors are doing; reads Market News, Operation News and any other communication from Kin’s and implements any updates within the required time frame.
- Studies and analyzes store performance reports, discusses action plan with store management to improve store performance and efficiency.
- Acts as liaison between stores and suppliers; assists to distribute produce to stores according to its needs.
- Involves in the settlement of claim disputes between Store Managers and suppliers or any other 3rd parties.
- Prepares produces sales reports and/or any other forms of analyses as required from time to time.
- Communicate all updates, changes or new information from the Support Center to the assigned stores.
- Manages matters related to employees within the district which include but are not limited to the followings:
- Determines staffing needs for stores within the district.
- Approves vacation schedules of Store Managers, plan for relieve staff and/or acts as back up when Store Managers within the district are on vacation.
- Manages and motivates store management to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Manages stores and employees’ performance through regular store visits, evaluation and constant communications.
- Recognizes good performance and behaviors; documents disciplinary actions of Store Managers within the district.
- Acts as backup of other District Managers when they are on vacations.
- Provides training to new and existing management team; conduct presentations during meetings as required.
- Guides and coaches store managers to solve problems and employee issues professionally; conducts proper investigation according to company guidelines and take appropriate disciplinary actions which are in compliance to the applicable act, legislation and regulations.
- Oversees human resources activities which may include interviewing, hiring, resolving conflicts and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Provides feedback and contributes to company meetings, e.g. Store Manger Meetings, Assistant Store Manger Meetings, General Meetings and to other company initiatives.
- Promotes rewarding careers by developing and promoting internal employees based on performance.
- Cultivates and encourages open and honest communications in the workplace environment.
- Evaluates Store Management and coaches when appropriate based on Kin’s standards and individual stores needs in consultation with the Store Manager.
- Be responsible for taking over new store opening including participation in operation and the overall planning, overseeing construction of new stores if required, organizing store grand opening and marketing events, staff recruitment and training.
- At least 3 years of Managing Retail experience preferably at a produce store.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills with good command of English.
- Ability to think strategically and take action in executing a strategic plan.
- Flexible and willing to work on emergency situations on 24/7 basis.
- A team player with strong Coaching and Performance Evaluation skills.
- To have a vehicle and to be able to drive.
We offer the successful applicant competitive salary (commensurate with experience), career advancement opportunity, vacation pay and employee discount.
We appreciate everyone who has applied, but due to the high volume, only the applicants chosen will be contacted.