CL3 Clerk 3
Up to March 30, 2018, with possible extension.
Department of Sustainable Development
Central Region, Parks and Regional Services
Advertisement Number: 33592
Salary(s): CL3 $1,548.60 - $1,776.25 bi-weekly
Closing Date: February 16, 2018
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar full and part-time positions within the Central Region and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Department of Sustainable Development is seeking a qualified individual to fill the District Clerk position within the Selkirk District Office on a term basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience providing clerical and administrative support
- Experience processing accounts payables
- Experience maintaining financial reports, ledgers and accounting spreadsheets; and preparing cash flows
- Experience preparing and entering payroll and timekeeping documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the staff and public
- Experience handling and reconciling cash transactions
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience handling sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner
- Experience using SAP or other equivalent automated payroll/accounting system
Under the direction and accountable to the District Supervisor the incumbent will be responsible for all clerical, administrative, SAP and accounts payable functions within the Selkirk District Office.
Advertisement # 33592
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
Please note that additional administrative or clerical positions may be recruited to through the Common Recruitment Initiative: https://www.gov.mb.ca/govjobs/info/programs.html#CRI
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.