Position ID: J0517-1770
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Digital Analyst, Digital Marketing Analytics
Shaw Communications Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Analyst, Digital Marketing Analytics in our Calgary, Alberta Corporate Headquarters.
The Digital Analyst will be responsible for tracking, reporting and analyzing Shaw’s digital properties, campaigns and marketing cloud initiatives. The role will support the team in providing strategic insights to help improve digital marketing effectiveness, online sales order conversion and overall digital customer journey and user experience. The successful candidate will also play a key role in implementing a best-in-class marketing cloud solution and changing the way we do marketing at Shaw. As a passionate digital analytics practitioner, you should have an understanding of performance based marketing, data mining, data modeling and predictive analytics.
This position reports into the Manager, Digital Analytics.
• Analyze and interpret data to explain trends in data and campaign results.
• Identify actionable insights to drive continuous improvements in user experience, digital marketing campaign performance and online conversion.
• Visualize complex data in a user-friendly and consumable manner.
• Build reporting solutions, create dashboards and populate reports at regular cadence, automating where applicable.
• Present and communicate complex results and ideas, while telling a story with data.
• Proactively identify digital analytics opportunities to help drive the business and improve processes.
• Work with various stakeholders to understand reporting and tracking needs, and translate to business requirements.
• Contribute to data collection and integration strategy, importing datasets and transforming data.
• Define and execute QA, validating data to ensure data integrity across platforms, reports and dashboards.
• Complete ad-hoc analyses as required.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary degree in Business, Economics, Data Science, Mathematics, or similar
• 2-5 years of experience in a data analytics role
• 2-5 years of experience in ecommerce or marketing
• Experience with Adobe Analytics suite, Google Analytics or similar, as well as tag management solutions like Tealium
• Experience with at least one of the following platforms: A/B and multivariate testing, algorithmic attribution, marketing automation, DMP, ad serving, and/or bid-management tools
• Experience with data visualization tools
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Advanced quantitative analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to draw insights out of complex data and communicate findings in a clear and concise manner
• Proven ability to create reporting dashboards
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with cross-functional teams, business partners and leadership
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to handle a heavy workload, balancing multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in web analytics tracking implementation preferred
• Experience in media optimization across display, paid search and social preferred
• Passionate about data-driven strategy and its ability to deliver beyond the status quo
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal & credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.