Reports to: Director, Technology Services/Manager, Database
Department: Business Solutions and IT
Status: Contract; Full-time
When the employees of the Heart and Stroke Foundation put their hearts into it — they get real results that change lives. We are a volunteer based, health charity dedicated to fighting cardiovascular disease and stroke. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease and stroke through risk factor awareness and by promoting healthy lifestyles. Our vision is Healthy lives free of heart disease and stroke. Together we will make it happen. We are united by five core values: Passion for Health, Embracing Diversity, Being Extraordinary Together, Learning Every Day, and Making a Difference.
We are seeking a dedicated, flexible, and organized professional for the role of Database & Technology Services Support Coordinator in the provincial office located in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Manager, Database the position of Database & Technology Services Support Coordinator is part of the Business Solutions & Technology team that works to nationally support the Heart and Stroke Foundation staff and volunteers with data imports and database maintenance, and report/list generation. This position also assists the team with triaging, prioritizing, resolving, stewarding, and/or escalating database, application, and technical related support issues. This is a six-month contract working full-time hours.
Data Imports and Database Maintenance
- Prepare, reconcile, and import data files from various sources into the Foundation’s various databases
- Execute regular pre-set routine checks and validations on the Foundation’s integrated database
- Perform database clean up duties (including merging donor records, correcting data entries, looking for missing information, and ensuring data adheres to pre-set standards)
Reports and Lists Generation
- Generate monthly reports for data validation and area allocation purposes
- Generate pre-scheduled reports for accounting and database reconciliation
- Perform routine house mailing queries and provide the necessary lists based on set schedules
- Assist Manager, Database with queries, reports, and project related work when necessary
General Technology Services Support
- Triage and prioritize support tickets based on pre-determined service level and/or operational agreements
- Investigate, solve, and/or determine mediations for incidents (technical, applications, database) at the Tier 1 level
- Provide support for access right requests and other general requests based on pre-determined procedures
- Escalate issues to specialized teams (database, technical, application, vendors, and/or business partner teams), and inform necessary Executives of major issues in a timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service, including stewarding all customers (internal or external) on support tickets from start to close
- Train and/or supervise volunteers to assist with duties where necessary
- Provide backup for support team members
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Experience in database and CRM support related jobs, especially working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud CRM, Dynamics, Navision, Salesforce
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Access and MS Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Good communications skills, both oral and written, particularly through email
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be self-starting and team-oriented, and must contribute to the achievement of departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to exercise a high level of sensitivity and tact
- Highly organized, good time management skills
- Working knowledge with CMS platforms like Luminate Online or Artez would be an asset
If you have these skills, and would like to be part of a great team, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com immediately. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please include the reference number DTSSC201703BC and your name (first and last) in the email subject, and let us know where you viewed this opportunity in your cover letter. (If you do not put the reference number and your name in the email subject, your application may not be received by the correct party.)
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.