The Customer Insights and Analytics Group at Canadian Tire delivers customer-focused analytical solutions and insights that enable lasting and meaningful customer relationships. We are a diverse and dynamic team of analysts, data scientists, developers, and consumer researchers united by a common goal – placing the customer at the center of every business decision. We utilize the latest data technologies and advanced analytical techniques to demystify shopper behaviour and embed those insights deep within the fabric of the business. Genuinely passionate about the transformative power of customer data and our role as the “voice” of our customers, we relentlessly push the boundaries of data analytics to ensure we understand our customers better than anyone else and deliver the experiences that will earn their continued loyalty. Our work is redefining the Canadian Tire shopping experience and is a key pillar in our mission to become the #1 retail brand in Canada.
We are hiring a Data Scientist.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Science, you will be responsible for developing machine learning models. You will play a critical role in the delivery of our big data analytics roadmap and development of machine learning capabilities. You will partner with internal stakeholders to drive the adoption of advanced analytics and machine learning across the business. The ideal candidate thrives on challenge, is unfazed by complexity and persists in the face of ambiguity. She/he will be highly curious, results-oriented, self-driven and possess an acute sense of business opportunity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist on delivery of advanced analytical projects, including predictive models and machine learning engines, using all types of data sources (online/offline, structured/unstructured)
- Identify suitable data sources and participate in data exploration and gathering
- Leverage Hadoop big data technologies (Spark, Hive, Hbase, Sqoop, etc) – to ingest data and develop of machine learning algorithms
- Build data visualization solutions
- Participate and input into long term strategy for CTC’s Big Data ecosystem
Qualifications And Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or other numerate discipline required – advanced degree preferred
- Proficient programming skills in one of the following: Python, R, Scala, C/C#/C++ and/or Java.
- Working experience implementing machine learning algorithms and predictive analytics models
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with API data pulls and web scrapping
- Experience working with Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, Spark, MLlib, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, HBase)
- Experience working with/analyzing large data both structured and unstructured data
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong, concise communication skills
- Self-starter and strong sense of ownership – comfortable working with limited direction
- Demonstrated ability to work through complex/ambiguous business problems and partner with internal clients using a consultative approach
- Impeccable attention to detail
: Jan 12, 2018, 6:41:47 AM