Date: Jan 2, 2018
Req Id 76442 - Posted 01/01/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security
We are currently hiring Customer Service / Security post (Edmonton Downtown) – (Protective Services)
Your mission at GardaWorld: As a security guard, you will be responsible to provide coverage to ensure the security of people and assets. You will deliver exceptional levels of customer service and work with upmost integrity. Your appearance, attitude and behavior will match GardaWorld’s premium professional standards at all times.
What are the job benefits we offer you?
* Competitive Wages
* Paid on-the-job training
* Free Uniform and protective Equipment
* Ongoing training including PPCT, First Aid and CPR
* Career path planning and advancement opportunities
* Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance after 90 days of employment
* A committed team working environment
* Recognition and Rewards program
On a typical day, you will be responsible of:
* The following are not intended to be all inclusive or restrictive; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
* Responsible for proper execution of assigned duties.
* Maintain a professional departmental, company and community reputation.
* Maintain regular, consistent attendance record.
* Knowledgeable of and adhere to all rules and regulations, policies, and orders.
* Interacts with guests and employees in a professional manner.
* Interacts with local law enforcement agencies as required.
* Respond to various types of emergencies (fire alarms/elevator entrapments/medical emergencies)
* Work in a variety of settings including but not limited to: special events, commercial properties and retail.
You are the ideal candidate for this position because you possess:
* Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
* Prior security experience
* Considerable Customer Service experience is a must
* Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal (candidates will be tested)
* Some understanding/knowledge of applicable laws
* Valid PPCT/ defensive training is an asset
* Valid First Aid/CPR, AED
* Ability to work any shift in a 24/7 period
* Ability to work nights & weekends
* Driver’s license
* Reliable Vehicle
* Clean driver’s abstract (3 years)
* Professional Image /deportment
This position require the applicants to work various rotations in a 24/7 period
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.