Horizon Aerodrome- Fort MacKay, AB
Date Posted June 02, 2017
Expiry Date June 18, 2017
Job Type Seasonal
Customer Service/Luggage Agent
3.5 Month Seasonal Term Position
(Rotational Position / Accommodations Provided / Flights Provided)
Closing Date: June 18, 2017 or when suitable applicant is found.
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Horizon Aerodrome location is seeking an experienced Customer Service/Luggage Agent to support our diverse operations for a seasonal positon from July 5 to October 15 with the possibility of extension. This position is a rotational camp position with a fourteen (14) days on and fourteen (14) days off schedule. Flights and accommodations are provided.
Reporting to the Customer Service Agent Lead, the Customer Service/Luggage Agent supports all luggage handling and customer service operations in a safe and efficient manner.
• Perform passenger handling and customer service responsibilities according to the EFC corporate standards; including:
o Generate computer flight manifests and coordinate check-in process;
o Verify passenger counts;
o Complete check in process, baggage and direct passenger handling as assigned;
o Process missing/damaged baggage and incident reports as required;
o Communicate with line service employees in the preparation of aircraft for flight;
o Process credit card and cash transactions pertaining to aircraft flights;
o Organize invoices, accounts payable and aircraft billing;
o Reconciliation of fuel tickets and fuel farm activities;
o Book and maintain flights for EFC employees and approved individuals;
o Assist with housekeeping and light field maintenance duties; and
o Liaise with CNRL’s Flight Follow department with delayed flights and passenger issues, as well as with applicable ground transportation companies.
• Perform luggage handling and customer service responsibilities according to the EFC corporate standards, including:
o Transport luggage from/to lodging camp and aerodrome;
o Load and unload luggage from aircraft;
o Ensure correct luggage loading information is reported, including any ballast concerns;
o Troubleshoot issues within the luggage handling process; and
o Perform audits on handling, safety and security as required.
• Perform ramp services operations as required.
• Ensure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
• Provide services after hours on an on-call/as-needed basis.
• General support activities related to Aerodrome Operations.
• Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
• Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance and participation in the Company’s Step Up to Customer Service Program.
• Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
• Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma.
• Previous experience in the aviation industry in a similar role would is preferred.
• Minimum of one year customer service experience.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean Driver’s Abstract. No restrictions permitted.
• Able to meet all required pre-employment and site access screening including, but not limited to; Construction Safety Training System (CSTS), Horizon Site Safety Orientation (HSSO) and Drug & Alcohol test.
• EFC and CNRL required theoretical and practical training (i.e. WHIMS, AVOP, DG Cargo, etc.).
• EFC on the job training for Ramp, Ground Handling and Passenger Services Operations policies, procedures and practices.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, plus demonstrated ability to learn new systems.
• Knowledge and experience with flight reservation software, including ability to make individual and group travel reservations, is preferred.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• A strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Able to work in inclement weather conditions, overtime and extended shifts.
• Able to lift or move up to 60 lbs.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimal or no supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to multi-task and establish priorities in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Professional, punctual, and diligent.
• Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/careers for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position title and location you are applying for in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.