Our Annex store is currently looking for an individual with a background in customer service and food preparation, an interest in sustainable farming practices, and a passion for food. If you are interested in working in a fun, friendly and fast paced work environment, we would love to hear from you.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Greeting customers, answering their questions and making product recommendations.
- Preparing delicious and fresh foods including salads, soups, sandwiches and burgers, in compliance with our philosophies, and appealing to the local customer market.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of various cuts of meat and fish, cheese types, sauces, spices, local fruits and vegetables, etc.
- Ensures the highest product quality standards through tasting and observing visual appearance, and demonstrating accuracy and consistency, including the management of portion control and proper yields.
- Taking payment from customers and cashing them out using our Point of Sale system.
- Cash Handling experiencce
- Experience working in a customer service position.
- A diploma in culinary arts is an asset but not required
- 1-year experience working in a commercial, restaurant, or market kitchen as a prepared foods cook or similar
- Demonstrated proficiency in following recipes, and menu development and execution
- Experience in a retail environment and detailed knowledge of the meat industry is preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, busy retail environment
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus while working under pressure
- Ability to safely handle meat cutting tools, including: knives, saws, power tools, grinders and slicers, etc.
- Ability to safely handle prepping and cooking tools and equipment
- Understanding of units of weight, measurement and volume and ability to make accurate conversions for large scale production
- Ability to handle standing, bending, lifting, reaching frequently
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work in a cold and hot environment
- Health & Safety Awareness Certificate is an asset
- Valid Food Handler’s and First Aid Certifications are assets
- Priority to someone with flexible availability
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Food Preparation: 1 year
- Customer Service: 1 year
If interested, please apply on the following site: