Cruise Ship Terminal - Control Room Operators Wages Ranging Up to $21 per hour Job
Date: Jan 10, 2018
Req Id 65962
GARDAWORLD is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are doing more, for more clients, in more places across the globe. We provide security services for Canada’s largest retail, industrial and commercial companies. We work in partnership with our clients to ensure the safety and security of their employees and the public.
Qualified candidates will work in the heart of downtown Vancouver accessible by all public transportation. This is a high profile site with incredible potential for growth and training. This is a great seasonal opportunity to improve your experience, build your resume, and prove your dedication and capabilities.
You will be required to work between April 2018 to October 2018 and have opportunity to be considered for future seasons and/or other assignments based on performance.
We are currently looking for 8 Control Room Operators with wages ranging up to $21/per hour and a signing bonus
What we offer you:
· Regular wages from $17 to up to $21 per hour
· Full time positions will be available based on performance and flexibility
· Paid on-the-job training
· Free uniform
· Opportunity for growth within the company
You will be responsible of:
· Surveillance of a busy site in a high pressure environment
· Liaison with clients of different security agencies
· Access control
· Alarm dispatch
· Coordination of security response of team
· Valid British Columbia security guard licence
· Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal (candidates will be tested)
· Knowledge and ability to operate the various equipment needed in the daily performance of the job (i.e. computer,CCTV)
· Excellent customer service skills
· Full 24/7 availability
· Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 Applications (Outlook, Excel, and Internet e-mail, etc.)
· Ability to work in a high pressured environment
· Previous control room experience would be an asset
· Valid Transport Security Clearance will be an asset
· Must be willing to participate in emergency response training
Interested? Join our winning team!
GardaWorld is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are doing more, for more clients, in more places across the globe. We provide security services for Canada’s largest retail, industrial and commercial companies. We work in partnership with our clients to ensure the safety and security of their employees and the public.
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.