Competition Number: 17-209R
Close Date: Wed, 01/17/2018
Kwantlen Polytechnic University has an immediate opening in our Office of the Registrar for a Course and Scheduling Officer for a continuing full-time (35 hours/week) position. Reporting to the Manager, Records Registration and Scheduling, your primary responsibilities will include producing and publishing the University timetables, assigning rooms for all registration-based classes, maintaining the University course catalogue and producing and publishing the University course timetables. This position is based on our Surrey Campus.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning, and be competent in MS-Excel and other technical software. Additionally, you will be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated and be able to successfully work in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum qualifications include:
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Scheduling, Records, Registration, and/or Systems position within a Registrar’s Office.
• Successful completion of an undergraduate bachelor’s degree. An applicable combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Formal training and/or extensively acquired knowledge in the use of the Banner student modules, or similar student information system, or a logistics information system.
• Experience in scheduling software systems, preferably Ad Astra or comparable scheduling software suite.
• Proficiency at an intermediate level using MS Excel and at a beginner to intermediate level using MS Word and MS Access.
• Demonstrated understanding of web publishing technologies and experience preparing and publishing documentation.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, including problem-solving and needs analysis.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Excellent communication skills.
See full job description below for further information:
Course and Scheduling Officer
To be considered for this exciting opportunity at one of B.C.’s Top Employers, please forward your resume, quoting competition number 17-209R by January 17, 2018 to: email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.