Date: Nov 9, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 18522
Reporting to the manager, operations, you will be responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance, implementation, and continuous improvement of the area operator training program. You will develop and sustain operator training, training programs, and associated learning materials while striving for safety above all else.
- Collaborate with the operations teams to provide a consistent framework for capability check on employees for progression and sustainment
- Coordinate technical training requirements, which may include the development of individual training plans
- Facilitate, document, develop, and support the delivery of training following our learning and competency processes and standards
- Manage, support the delivery of, and maintain the area peer training program while maintaining a high level of peer trainer competency by coordinating programs to enhance learner skills
- Develop and steward key performance measures for monitoring individual and crew progression and training compliance
- Provide input into the development and improvement of the operator training manual
- Participate in special ad hoc training and operations projects as required
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of seven years of experience working in a live plant operations environment
- Control room experience is an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- You have a deep understanding of processing technology and unit operations
- You are proficient with computer programs, specifically the Microsoft Office Suite
- You possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deliver complex messages to a wide variety of audiences
- You do not take or tolerate shortcuts and if the procedure is incorrect, you fix it
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta on a Monday to Friday schedule
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.