Date: Nov 9, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 18770
Reporting to the facilities maintenance area manager, you will be responsible for the safe, reliable and cost-efficient maintenance of our Fort Hills’ non-producing assets. This includes supervision of contractors and their respective sub-contractors, and also leading and coordinating all area planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Ensure contractors align with Suncor’s environment, health and safety policies and adhere to our Journey to Zero safety program
- Ensure that standards and procedures conform to relevant legislation, codes and guidelines for risk management and environmental protection
- Safely execute all planned maintenance work within scope
- Participate in planning meetings to drive out a planned, cost effective maintenance schedule
- Troubleshoot equipment failures, working hand-in-hand with the reliability group to identify root cause failures
- Operate and maintain your area of responsibility within the agreed annual budget
- Ensure business unit custodial needs are being met
- Perform regular inspections of contractor's work to ensure procedures and standards are being followed
- Work actively with supply chain to help administer solid vendor contracts, ensuring adherence to established price, quality and delivery schedules
- Support and steer to the maintenance budget
Experience and Education
- Two to five years of contractor management/supervisory experience
- Two or more years of dynamic building services experience is an asset
- Experience working with and supervising a unionized and non-unionized workforce
- A diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution (preferred) or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Certification as a Facility Management Professional is an asset
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Certificate, in any core trade; attach your Journeyman / Red Seal ticket with your application in order to be considered
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of environmentally-friendly cleaning programs
- A deep understanding of Alberta Building Codes
- Proficient in the preparation of performance management evaluations, budgets, operational plans, safety reports and technical reports
- Proficient in manpower and resource planning
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value, through strong communication and leadership skills
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule is a seven days on/ seven days off rotation
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
About Fort Hills
Fort Hills, a joint venture between Suncor, Total, and Teck Resources, is the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region. Located 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, you’ll travel in comfort from one of our Western Canadian hubs, or Fort McMurray. There, you will stay in a world class, modern yet comfortable, lodge-style accommodation. More information about life at Fort Hills is available here.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.