Date: Jan 2, 2018
JOB NUMBER: 19544
Reporting to the supervisor, ground transportation, you will lead busing services provided by our various vendors. You will facilitate the coordination of these services for optimization of our ground transportation on site.
- Create and reconcile the daily schedule for a fleet of vehicles providing bus transportation to Suncor employees, contractors, and visitors
- Monitor travel time and conduct reviews of fleet service compliance
- Maintain, steward, and analyze reporting data from vendors
- Receive and action requests for changes to existing service
- Project and forecast potential impacts to operating services, budgets, and fleet sizes
- Communicate with our vendors, supply chain management teams, and ridership to answer questions and address concerns
- Investigate any service or incident anomalies to address issues and prevent recurrence
- Conduct ongoing site audits for busing infrastructure, including bus stops, road, and yard conditions
- Strive for continuous improvement by seeking opportunities to optimize our service levels
- Provide support to other areas within the field logistics team as required
Experience and Education:
- Three to five years of experience in the transportation and oil and gas sector
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Excellent organization skills with the aptitude to handle conflicting priorities
- You have the ability to collaborate with your team to achieve the best results and to deliver the most value
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- You have integrity and constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- This is a Fort McMurray based position
- The shift schedule is Monday to Friday
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
- Travel is required to our Firebag, MacKay River, and base plant sites on a regular basis
- This position is “on-call” for a week at a time, based on a team rotation
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.