CMBC Supervisor, Operations VTC - FTT (12 months)
Job ID 20180013
Regular/Temporary - Temporary
Over 600,000 passengers rely on Coast Mountain Bus Company every day to get them to work, school and all of the activities that make life on the Lower Mainland so rich and exciting. Our more than 5,400 dedicated employees keep the buses, the people and in so many ways the vibrant pace of this city moving.
Supervises the day-to-day operational delivery of effective, safe and reliable conventional and/or community transit services to customers in the Lower Mainland at an assigned Transit Centre.
- Administers corporate policy and follows the terms of the Collective Agreement to maximize Transit Operator availability through the consistent application of a variety of support programs including wellness, attendance management, sick leave investigations, employee counselling and dispute resolution.
- Develops and maintains sound working relationships with Transit Operators to support a positive, cooperative and safe work environment through mentoring, coaching, performance management and the identification of development opportunities.
- Participates in first stage grievances and arbitrations and manages relationships with union representatives.
- Responds to customer complaints and commendations and investigates issues.
- Makes recommendations for service improvements and participates in special projects.
Education and Experience
The competencies for this position would be acquired through completion of a Diploma in Business Administration, including courses in Organizational Behaviour, Supervisory Skills, Interpersonal; Skills, Labour Relations and Business Communication, plus four (4) years of directly related, relevant experience in supervision or management in operations or customer service of a large mobile, unionized workforce/
- Effective change management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced decision making skills to respond, assess and react to a variety of operational and emergency situations
- Sound analytical skills to be able to process a large volume of information from reports
- Sound knowledge of standard office software plus software used onboard transit vehicles
- Experience in a transit operations or customer service environment, including experience in a supervisory capacity working with a large group of unionized employees and knowledge of the application of collective agreements, work rules, policies and procedures.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay
Salary: $74,139 to $92,674 per annum ($37.89 to $47.36 per hour)
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the page or go to http://www.coastmountainbus.com/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Posting Date: January 9th, 2018
Closing Date: January 24th, 2018
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Coast Mountain Bus Company is an equal opportunity employer.