CL3 Clerk 3
Community Safety , Community and Youth Corrections
Advertisement Number: 32464
Salary(s): CL3 $21.36 - $24.50 per hour
Closing Date: July 17, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
The Community and Youth Corrections Branch of Manitoba Justice is seeking a qualified individual to fill a Clerk position located in Brandon, MB.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Security Check.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search.
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check & Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Successful completion of a secretarial or administrative assistant training program with related office experience or a combination of related education, training and office experience.
- Experience preparing basic documentation (i.e. formal letters).
- Experience maintaining electronic and non-electronic filing systems.
- Experience with entering data into a computerized system.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task duties.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external agencies.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (including, Word, Excel, and Outlook), or equivalent applications.
- Experience performing reception duties.
- Experience with court related systems such as COMS and CCAIN.
Under the direct supervision of the Area Director, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the daily administrative duties within the Brandon Probation Office. Based on these duties, the incumbent is responsible to handle many tasks simultaneously and accurately while prioritizing. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is a necessary component for this position. The incumbent is required to work closely with the Probation Officers to ensure all aspects of the job are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Advertisement # 32464
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
Please note that additional administrative or clerical positions may be recruited to through the Common Recruitment Initiative: https://www.gov.mb.ca/govjobs/info/programs.html#CRI
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.