Temporary, Part-Time or Full-Time
This position will function as a temporary, clerical support person responsible for performing a variety of duties associated with various positions in Registrars and Enrolment Services (RES).
Assignments within the RES may include, but not limited to:
- providing front counter services, responding to inquiries from students and the general public regarding registration, prerequisites, admissions, graduation, and College policies and procedures;
- assisting with inquiries on the Helpline, and verifying and ensuring the accuracy of student records in the Banner system;
- verifying supporting documentation and performs clerical duties such as data entry, updating forms, generating correspondence, and other duties related to admissions;
- assisting with the preparation of, and clerical duties relating to, graduation and graduation ceremonies;
- performing other administrative and clerical duties.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 plus one year of post-secondary education in arts and sciences, communications, office administration, or related areas. Education to include training in computerized software applications and integrated information systems.
- One (1) year of recent related experience working within an educational environment using an integrated on-line system such as Banner and providing customer service, preferably within a Registrar’s office.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations and policies governing the admission of students in post-secondary institutions.
- Knowledge of programs, courses and student services offered at Langara College.
- Knowledge of prerequisite, transfer credit, and advance standing practices.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel) and email.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Accurate keyboarding skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands.
- Ability to effectively work with and provide information, assistance, and related services to the public, faculty, staff, and students in a tactful, pleasant, and helpful manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and enter data accurately.
- Ability to process cash, credit, etc. accurately.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with a constant flow of enquiries requiring endurance, stamina, and the ability to stay focused over prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging or difficult situations.
- Ability to adapt easily to meet the different staffing needs of the Registrar’s Office in admissions, information services, graduation, and registration.
Salary Range: Depending on assignment
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: Core hours are 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Actual assignment schedule will vary depending on departmental requirements.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: On-going
Competition No.: C004-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.