Date: Nov 8, 2017
At GardaWorld we only hire the best candidates to safeguard our clients. This starts with extensive training and the first step is the Basic Security Training program.
To work as a security guard in the province of British Columbia all applicants are required by law to complete the BST (Basic Security Training). By successfully completing BST Program, you will eligible to apply BC Security Worker’s License.
This is a great opportunity for NEW CANDIDATES THAT ARE KEEN TO START THEIR CAREER IN THE SECURITY INDUSTRY!
FREE BST TRAINING is being offered to those who are willing to work for GardaWorld for a minimum of 6 Months Full Time
Positions will require the applicants to be fully flexible working various rotations around the clock
* Interior and Exterior patrols
* Enforce property rules, city bi-laws, and other applicable laws
* Deter and respond to incidents on property
* Maintain a presence to ensure the safety and security of all persons on site
* Communicate regularly with patrons/clients
* Complete reports and memo book entries on a regular basis
* Respond to various types of emergencies (fire alarms/elevator entrapments/medical emergencies)
* Make arrests as required-training provided
* Work in a variety of settings including but not limited to: special events, commercial properties, retail, industrial and mobile positions
Knowledge & Expertise Required:
* Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
* Prior security experience is desirable
* Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal (candidates will be tested)
* Excellent customer service skills
* Some understanding/knowledge of applicable laws
* Valid First Aid/CPR (or willingness to obtain)
Preference will be given to applicants who possess:
* Post-Secondary Police Studies Diploma or educational equivalent
* Driver’s Licence
* Access to a reliable vehicle
* Experience in customer service
* Ability to work any shift in a 24/7 period
* Regular wages ranging from $12 to $18/hour
* Paid on the job training
* Medical benefits after 90 days
* Career path planning
* Promotion opportunities
* Free uniform
* Ongoing training available
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.