SP4 Social Services Worker 4
Department of Families
Winnipeg Services/Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 32995
Salary(s): SP4 $54,943.00 - $76,182.00 per year
Closing Date: July 7, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar regular and term full-time and part-time positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Candidates under further consideration from the interview process will be required to undergo a French language skills assessment as it is a requirement to demonstrate ability to communicate in both official languages, English and French.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check including Vulnerable Sector Search
- A valid driver's license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel for business purposes
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Bachelor of Social Work degree or post-secondary degree in social sciences field
- Case management experience in an integrated services environment that includes brief counselling, conducting assessments, service planning, service coordination and follow-up. Other acceptable combinations of education and related experience may be considered at a commensurate classification and salary level
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and/or families with children with disabilities or special needs and a thorough understanding of the challenges they face
- Experience conducting assessments for adults with disabilities and/or families with children with disabilities or special needs
- Experience managing a busy client case load with competing demands
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Experience working independently within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (English and French), both verbally and written
- Basic knowledge of Community Living disABILITY Services and/or Children's disABILITY Services and services offered
Reporting to the Community Social Services (CSS) Supervisor, the Community Service Worker as a member of the Community area team, provides support and coordinates services for families parenting a child with disabilities/special needs in their home and community. Using a Family Centered Approach, the Family Service Worker discusses with the family their needs, goals and service priorities and offers information about services available through CSS as well as other services and systems. From this assessment process, a plan is developed and reviewed with the family on an ongoing basis.
Advertisement # 32995
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.