SP4 Social Services Worker 4
Department of Families
Community Service Delivery/Rural & Northern Services - Eastman Region
Advertisement Number: 33322
Salary(s): SP4 $54,943.00 - $76,182.00 per year
Closing Date: September 25, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular and term full-time positions within the Eastman Region and will remain in effect for 6 months.
The Community Service Worker provides case management services to individuals and/or families who are accessing services in the Community Living disABILITY Services and/or Children’s disABILITY Services programs.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have a valid driver's licence and access to a vehicle with the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, statutory holidays and the afterhours stand-by rotation when required
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- A satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- A satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Post secondary degree in the social sciences (BSW preferred)
- Related case management experience (including counselling, performing assessments, planning, risk assessment, protective services and service coordination) in a social service setting. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered at a commensurate or underfill classification and salary level
- Communicate fluently in both official languages, English and French
- Effective interpersonal skills with an emphasis on mediation and conflict resolution
- Ability to assess and manage crisis situations
- Ability to prioritize and organize work demands
- Effective oral communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary team members
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of the Community Living disABILITY Services Program
- Knowledge of the Children's disABILITY Services Program
The incumbent is expected to work as a member of an established service delivery team and use sound independent judgement. The incumbent uses the professional application of social work theory and methods to deliver discipline-based services and intervention strategies to individuals and families through the case management process.
Advertisement # 33322
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.