Reports to: Team Lead, Resuscitation Support Centre
Location: Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto
When the staff of the Heart and Stroke Foundation put their hearts into it — they get real results that change lives. We are a volunteer based, health charity dedicated to fighting cardiovascular disease. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease and stroke through risk factor awareness and by promoting healthy lifestyles. Our vision is to eliminate death and disability from heart disease and stroke. We are united by five core values: Passion for Health, Embracing Diversity, Being Extraordinary Together, Learning Every Day, and Making a Difference.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSF) sets the guidelines for resuscitation care in Canada. To enable consistent administrative processes, the Resuscitation Support Centre (RSC) provides a supportive role to individuals in various provinces who utilize HSF programs. Support is provided via the RSC and the Resuscitation Portal.
We are seeing an enthusiastic, outgoing, flexible, and dedicated professional for the role of Associate, RSC. Reporting to the Team Lead, RSC, the Associate will be responsible for enhancing the effectiveness and operating efficiency in an administrative role, in order to ensure the quality and integrity of Resuscitation Education and enhance emergency cardiovascular care. This is a bilingual position that requires fluency in French and English.
- Administration of the provider, instructor, and trainer level programs including liaising and advising the general public, medical professionals, instructors, and instructor trainers regarding program delivery and actively communicating in an ongoing manner with instructors and instructor trainers regarding registration status, course requirements, and documentation
- Administers the HSFC Resuscitation Portal & Salesforce databases; responding in a timely manner to student, instructor, and trainer inquiries regarding: Portal functionality, issues/problems, status of course completion card(s), card reissues, password resets, and rostering questions; and providing advice regarding Portal processes
- Processes documentation as required (e.g. hardcopy Instructor Monitoring forms and card reissues applicable prior to Portal implementation)
- Fluently bilingual in English and French essential
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and life support equipment would be an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks
- Problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the talent for communicating in a mature and professional manner
- Demonstrated customer service skills and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, and experience with data bases
- Volunteer management and supervision skills
- Flexible/adaptable, able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to pay particular attention to detail
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and works well with minimal supervision
- Diploma or certificate from post-secondary institution in a related field (e.g. Healthcare, Medical Terminology, or Administration)
- Successful completion of HSF Heartsaver or Basic Life Support provider would be an asset
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Experience working in the health care field would be an asset
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector would be an asset
- Ability to work between 9:00am and 5:00pm essential
If you have these skills, and would like to be part of a great team, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com immediately, indicating that you are fluent in French and English in the email. Please include the reference number ARSC201703EDM and your name (first and last) in the email subject, and let us know where you viewed this opportunity in your cover letter.
If you do not put the reference number and your name in the email subject, your application may not be received by the correct party. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.