Start Date: Feb. 01, 2018
Applications Developer and Database Administrator
Our client is an international, interdenominational, evangelical mission with over 2,000 missionaries and 2,000 national workers serving in more than 65 countries around the world. Our client is a community of God's people who delight to worship him and are passionate about the Gospel, seeking to fulfill the mission of Jesus Christ in the world.
As a non-profit organization, the candidate has a prime responsibility to assist the internal staff members for their queries.
They will be working at the Scarborough location for 3-4 days per week and working at our Richmond Hill office for the remainder of the period.
The primary role is to be the “go-to” person for all Applications and Data users in Our client. In this position, you will be working with the Communications, Projects and Information’s Group and reporting to the Director. Functions include maintenance and development of the Our client intranet website, databases, and applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain all Our client approved applications like Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge etc.
- Maintain all Our client databases (SQL Server 2012). Ability to write and modify all SQL procedures, backup jobs and to keep all databases running efficiently.
- Maintain and jointly develop the Our client intranet website (using ASP.Net) for our missionaries and applicants.
- Develop and maintain all bridging software between in-house applications (using C# and ASP.net)
- Analyze existing setup and recommend and implement improvements
- Contact point for all user questions
- Provide ongoing help and training of applications and processes to internal personnel to enable them to complete their tasks efficiently
- Analyze data for reporting and / or performance (trend) analysis for the leadership team (using crystal reports, Microsoft applications and SQL).
- Develop strategies to optimize production tasks
- Liaison between Our client and the different application vendors
- Liaison between Our client and other offices on application and data issues
- Any additional analysis and duties as requested by the Supervisor, as required
- Attending and participating in chapels and prayer days
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills, with an ability to solve problems
- At least 2 years hands-on experience with SQL Server, C#, ASP.Net, Windows.Net, Crystal Reports, MS Office products and applications
- Knowledge of Blackbaud products (Raisers Edge / Financial Edge) an asset
- Proficient use of written and oral English. French is considered an asset
Work hours & Location:
This is a full-time position, 5 days a week (can be 9 month term to one year to start).
The office is located in Scarborough, Ontario and/ or Richmond Hill Ontario.
165 East Beaver Creek
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 2N2
Tel: 416 907 8181