Date: May 31, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 15365
Reporting to the team lead, Canadian onshore finance, you will be responsible for providing full cycle accounting to the North American Onshore (natural gas) team in the exploration and production (E&P) business unit.
- Perform production accounting, overhead allocation and partner billing, general and administrative expenses analysis, regulatory reporting, and monthly stewardship (variance analysis)
- Perform month end financial accounting in QByte FM and SAP
- Work closely with field staff to gather information and be the single point of contact for the business and finance
- Produce and submit monthly government regulatory volumetric reporting
- Prepare and present month end stewardship reports
- Gather supporting documentation for SOX compliance, CRA and Crown audits
- Upload and reconcile balances between Qbyte and SAP
- Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis as required
Experience and Education:
- 3+ years of related production accounting experience
- Oil and gas experience required
- University degree, preferably accounting or finance related
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong SAP skills are required
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You possess strong communication skills both verbal and written
- You are a self-starter, able to effectively prioritize information and consistently meet deadlines
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.