Reports to: Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Status: Permanent; Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing, flexible, and dedicated professional for the role of Administrator, Fund Development in our Edmonton Area Office. Reporting directly to the Area Manager, the Administrator will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Coordinator, Fund Development in the Person to Person (P2P) Campaigns, mainly by helping support our call center, and administering and maintaining the database. This position is a combination of day and evening work (until 9:00 p.m.) during campaign season.
- Act as the liaison between the Coordinator and the Call Centre during the Heart and Stroke Campaigns (September – June)
- Conduct outbound recruitment calls for volunteers to canvass during Heart and Stroke campaigns
- Ensure the effective collection, entry, and recordkeeping of all campaign information
- Administration and maintenance of the database for the Heart and Stroke Campaigns (specifically, ensure the effective entry of all folders, receipt books, potentials, do not call lists, follow-up, duplicates, etc.)
- Work closely with Coordinator, Fund Development to ensure all information is being collected and maintained appropriately
- Generate various reports and information from database to support weekly and monthly reporting
- Assist in planning and executing campaign kit pick up, drop off, and wrap up
- Ensure all follow-up is completed after kit drop off days (accounting, receipt book entry, delinquent letters, and credit card processing)
- Maintain campaign files and records
- Assist with volunteer coordination, recruitment, retention and support, and campaign preparation
Assist with providing recognition and follow-up with volunteers and donors
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends
- High School Diploma required
- Experience in a call center environment an asset
- Experience in a related field (e.g. administration/data entry, database maintenance, telerecruiting)
- Experience with supervising, mentoring, and coaching
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer applications, especially databases
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the talent for communicating clearly, simply, and concisely in a mature and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail; accurate input and filing, proofreading
- Self-starter, self-motivated
- Understands and exercises appropriate levels of confidentiality
- Flexible/adaptable; able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities
Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Please include the reference number AFD2017EDM and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca