AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Legal Aid Manitoba, Northlands Community Law Centre
Advertisement Number: 33103
Salary(s): AY3 $1,545.70 - $1,766.83 bi-weekly Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: June 26, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Legal Aid Manitoba provides legal help to people who are financially eligible. We strive to serve all clients with respect and dignity. Our service is fundamental to a fair and balanced justice system.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search.
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Experience performing a full range of legal administrative/secretarial duties in a family or criminal law environment.
- Knowledge of family or criminal court proceedings.
- Experience preparing legal documents with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience maintaining physical and electronic files and database systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with the public and legal professionals.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience dealing with confidential information and using discretion in handling sensitive materials.
- Proficiency with Open Office or Microsoft Office or equivalent software.
- Successful completion of a recognized legal secretarial/administrative assistant training program.
- Experience with legal research applications and conducting related legal research.
The incumbent provides secretarial, reception and administrative support to staff attorneys at a Community Law Centre. Prepares from dictation, email, handwritten and/or verbal instructions, letters, opinions, memos, and drafts criminal and/or family documents for staff attorneys. Maintains the filing systems for these lawyers. The incumbent is required to: deal effectively with the general public, clients and legal profession; respond to correspondence, telephone and in-person inquiries; update Legal Aid's information system, LAMAS; prepare necessary reports; and perform general office support services.
Advertisement # 33103
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.