Account Executive, BC Peace- Maternity Leave Contract, Bell Media
Date: Jan 8, 2018
Location: Parksville, BC, CA
Req Id: 183188
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Bell Media is seeking a motivated, self-driven broadcast sales professional to join our team as an Account Executive for the BC Peace region, including Dawson Creek, Fort St John and Grande Prairie, AB. Reporting to the Retail Sales Manager located in Dawson Creek, you can be located in any one of the three centres, managing an established book of clients and developing new business both remotely and with regular in-person meetings. Some travel is required for this role. The successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter who can both prospect new accounts and maintain relationships with our valued clients.
- Develop new revenue streams from unassigned accounts by prospecting new local businesses opportunities through broadcast and digital platforms using company resources (i.e. creative, production, research, traffic, promotions)
- Sell a multi-platform media product offering (radio, digital, SMS, others)
- Obtain meetings with new and established clients through prospecting and cold calling
- Conducts diagnostic interview
- Prepare professional proposals
- Negotiate contracts and close business
- Service, maintain and grow an established list of accounts
- Provide on-going information and support to ensure optimal client service and become a sustaining resource
- Meet and exceed monthly revenue sales targets (radio and digital platforms)
- Align with promotions to enhance value to clients and create new revenue generating ideas
- Manage receivables and collections
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred and/or minimum of two years’ comparable work experience
- Demonstrated previous sales and/or marketing experience, preferably in broadcast media
- Strong business acumen and understanding of how to structure client proposals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- High personal integrity and respectful in dealings with others
- A creative and innovative thinker who is adaptable to change
- Proactively develops new business opportunities
- Strong negotiation skills – Ability to reach the best outcome for all
- Practical knowledge of MS Office
- Valid driver’s license
In addition, the successful applicant will possess:
- The ability to work independently, yet be a strong team player
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to discuss and provide marketing/sales strategies aligned with the clients’ needs
- Media and/or digital experience (an asset)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Fort St. John
Application Deadline: 01/22/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.