“QUEST FOR GOLD” mission accomplished at Expo Gast World Cup Culinary Competition Nov 2014
Special needs student Thien Oliver Nguyen was selected by the team from the local non-profit community agency as a student-in-training. Chef Tony Fernandes, Team Coach and Manager says, “Giving back to the community is very important. It’s a legacy we want to establish. This is a combined effort by the Culinary Chefs of Canada to help Oliver accomplish his dream of becoming a Chef someday” “We will continue to support our clients whether special needs, professional trained immigrants, youth or anyone that needs a jumpstart with their career”, explains Valerie Alphonso, Executive Director, Community Outreach Canada.
About Community Outreach Canada: Since 2007, this grassroots community-based non-profit organization has created and implemented a number of successful programs to the diverse population across Canada with a special focus to support clients in Ontario.
Challenging ordinary students with exceptional leadership skills to become Extraordinary Chefs.
- Culinary skills including knife-handling and knowledge of basic cooking methods, as well as understanding of culinary terminology
- Fast learner with adaptability to quick changes
- Team player with readiness to participate
- Work more than 8 hours in one shift
- Accept directives and willingness to carry these through
- Showcase excellence in workmanship