JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST/JOB DEVELOPER
Do you have a passion for helping others who have a disability
Are you capable of providing them with the tools to land that all important job?
Can you work diligently knowing that there may be a few setbacks and circumstances to overcome before true success is attained?
Can you function as your own boss, managing your time and case load yet still be part of a team?
As a Job Developer/Employment Specialist, you have the skills to take a hands-on approach to guiding your clients through the job search process. These steps will include a resume and cover letter writing, helping with communication skills and business etiquette for enhanced phone interview/interview and job fair presentation skills, retention and career advancement/enrichment support. You are also comfortable approaching organizations on behalf of your clients as required.
- High School diploma with additional secondary education in human resources, social work, counseling
- Experience working with/providing support for people with disabilities and familiarity with AODA Guidelines
- 2 years’ experience as a job developer, social service coordinator or similar role
- Basic knowledge of how to support and mentor a client
- Knowledge of the city of Toronto, job markets and trends
- Effective communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Research, networking and marketing skills
- Good presentation, public speaking, and facilitation abilities
- Keen judgment, focus, and perseverance
- Excellent record keeping and follow-up skills
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Internet, Social Media
Location: Scarborough, but most work can be done from home and/or at various meeting locations.
Community Outreach Canada has been providing people in transition with a positive direction, enhanced job skills, work opportunities/placements and a choice for growth and achievement for over eight years.
As a Service Provider for Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) our qualified team of Employment Specialists/Job Developers brings skills from experience in corporate human resources management, community outreach, volunteer management, AODA customer service, counselling, workshop facilitation and job development/work experience placement for newcomers, people with disabilities and those needing a second chance.
DATA ENTRY/HR SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS
We are looking for youth/retirees/new immigrants with a typing speed of 60wpm to assist with data entry. Work from home options available. Candidates with the ability to volunteer 10 hours weekly would be ideal for the job. French speaking (optional). Flexible hours. Computer/Laptop is available if you don't have one.
Join our volunteer team of professional Employment Specialists and support staff across Canada. Get involved in your community. Each year, volunteers contribute valuable resources (time, knowledge, skills, and leadership) to provincial programs that enhance the quality of living in communities. It is professional trainers like you that infuse our organization with energy and passion. We will work with you to provide rewarding experiences and opportunities to utilize your talents as we promote DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE and COMMUNITIES.
Community Outreach Canada welcomes placement students who would like to complete their 13-week placement at any of our three locations: Scarborough, Morningside, and Etobicoke. We bring individuals (any level) that are interested in learning more about our specialized services to persons with disabilities. Students that have strengths in HR and Social Media, IT, Hospitality, Admin, Social Service and Community Development, Fundraising are preferred. Students are linked with Employment Specialist to gain a better understanding of the regional job market; establish valuable networking contacts, and learn more about sector-specific language and professional practice in Canada.
Benefits for Mentors:
- Strengthen leadership and coaching skills •Improve inter-cultural awareness
- Expand communication skills •Gain an international perspective on your field or occupation
- Spot talent for potential recruitment - before your competition Benefits for Mentees
- Establish and grow your professional network •Network in targeted occupation/industry
- Connect with Canada's hidden job market •Increase confidence in the job search
- Expand access to local labor market information
- Refine job goals •Identify transferable skills
- Data entry - work from home options And as a result - secure meaningful employment in their professional field.
For more information, email your resume to email@example.com